Friday, April 26, 2013

Hello is anyone out there?

I'm throwing my hat out into the ring or the dark hole of the Internet obsess and starting a blog. I just turned 35 and figured that now is the best time to start chronicling my life one moment at a time. I think when all the craziness settles, it would be nice to take a look back and see what made up our family's year and what took place in between all the special holidays, birthdays and vacations. To remember some of the little things... funny happenings with the kids, a new recipe that EVERYONE enjoyed or small craft project that turned out, kind of awesome. I'd like to highlight a few DYI projects that I and my loving hubby pulled off around the house since something is always in the works. Mix in some holiday decorating, entertaining and sprinkle in a few crafts here and there and you have yourself a year! Sounds SimpIe, don't it?!

I don't claim to have a rose colored life filled with sunshine AND rainbows topped with two big heaping spoonfuls of sugar. In truth, it's a little messy, like unwashed cereal bowls and spit up on your shirt until 11 am. Glamorous as in no make-up, hair in a pony tail and a wardrobe of knits as I tackle the endless cycles of laundry and grocery store runs while trying to keep dinner from becoming as tedious as fish sticks or hot dogs with mac and cheese for dinner on a Wednesday night. Sometimes though, fish sticks and mac and cheese are just what we need and I'm ok with that too. I don't claim to be perfect. I'm not a perfect mother, wife, friend or even speller. I'm just trying my best to get through it all one day at a time while hopefully making it as special as I can along the way for my family- simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment