Monday, June 10, 2013

I officially have a TWEEN!

We are celebrating another birthday around these parts, boy #1, turns 11 today. I think that makes him a real tween, the slightly less irritating stage but a tiny bit more annoying stage before the real teenager-age hits. I only jest, but really there are only SO MANY TIMES you can hear Gangnam Style and Harlem Shake without going crazy! 

We got the festivities off to a earlier start this weekend when Grandmother came down to lend a hand in the babysitting department, so that J and I could take boy #1 and a couple of his best pals for frozen yogurt, the arcade (inside the movies) and finishing up with the sci-fi flick, After Earth. After a afternoon of yogurt with mix-ins, a large buttery tub of popcorn, soda and candy, he said (this is a actual quote), "I love it when my birthday comes around, I get treated like a King". I hope he feels that way, it seems with 4 kids, I'm always worried if they are all getting enough attention from me as I'm constantly pulled in a million directions. I try to make their one special day a year, as fun and memorable as I can. 

Movie time.


He will be 11 at 8:35 pm tonight, officially. I can't believe that the my first born and not so little baby boy; he weighed in at 9lbs 15oz and 22.5" long, has already been with us for more than a decade! I can remember his first birthday party, A Finding Nemo theme. We saw the movie where he fell asleep promptly after the opening credits, slept through the whole thing, followed with his first taste chocolate cake. Today I made him his favorite birthday cake, the large than life Oreo Cookie Cake filled with Reese Peanut Butter ice cream.  He has requested this for the last 3 years. This year we decided to add ice cream instead of the regular filling to switch it up a bit.  We had pizza for lunch and will probably have cheeseburgers for dinner. His choice, obviously. What boy doesn't like pizza and cheeseburgers? His presents were already opened by 1:00pm. 

Oreo Cake recipe right off the back of my Williams-Sonoma Oreo Cookie Pan box!

We are so proud of the wonderful young man that he is becoming. He will be starting 6th grade in the fall. He's in the GT classes at school, made A's and B's all year and wants to be a game developer when he gets older. He LOVES football, XBOX, music, his IPOD, pizza, his dogs, Uncle Patty and his Sister. He is funny and a good reader. He is also a good friend, and big helper to angel-baby and can even been known to be a good big brother when the time counts! I'm sure these next 11 years will fly by as fast as the first. I can only sit back and watch what he will become, he's future is wide open! <3

June 10, 2013



 

No comments:

Post a Comment