Friday, August 30, 2013

Let's try this again.

I religiously worked out for years. In the process, I lost 55lbs after my second son through workouts and adjusting my diet. I managed to keep it off too. This habit pretty much ended in the Spring of this year after taking time off to remodel my kitchen.  After the kitchen was finished, I could never manage a consistent routine of going to the Y other than a few times a month.  Angel-baby wouldn't stay anymore in the childcare room, the drive was a good 25-40mins each way depending on traffic, it rained a lot... The list went on an on. There was always a reason why working out didn't seem like a good idea. Not anymore. The kids are back in school. The baby has nap time. I'm ready to get back on track and start  spending a little more time on myself. I really miss the way I feel after a good-sweaty workout. I miss the way my clothes fit too. It's a good stress reliever for blowing off steam in a positive way. There are no more excuses. I'm on this! 

I have been searching the classifies for the last couple of months for a good deal on a NICE used treadmill. Not like my previous elliptical that was $300 and provided a effortless workout. I finally found what I was looking for this week and debated for days before I actually bought it. I decided to bite the bullet and spend the money for me and my sanity! This thing is the real deal with all the bells and whistles and heavy. I had to help J drag it (broken down into 2 pieces!) upstairs to our game-room. That was a real workout in itself! It folds up nicely out of the way and uses a special magnetic key that has to be in place to run so the kids can't play on it. This machine is the Cadillac of treadmills and I plan to take full advantage of it. No driving required, no hot-sticky-muggy-mosquito infested weather to run in and no childcare needed if I play my cards right. I feel good about this.

I set some new goals to workout with my treadmill 3-4 times a week mixed with my free weights dvds. I think I might have a shot at sticking with this?! I would like to hit 300 miles by the new year. If 10 lbs happen to drop off in the process then all the better! I put the 3 boys on the bus this morning and jumped right on while Angel-baby was still snoozing. I need to gear myself back up to my old running pace but I did ok for my first workout in months. I managed to get a 45 minute workout in for a total of 3.75 miles mixing running and walking. The best part, when I was done all I had to do was fold it up and go! It was such a nice way to start the day and to be done with my workout and have it out of the way. I think I might pin some more treadmill workouts on pinterest to mix it up. I might even pin a couple of healthy workout recovery snacks while I'm at it. 296.25 miles to go. Cue up some Ludacris and I'm back to my old game! 

New Work out space. TV, Fan, DVD player, Free weights and bar.

Not too shabby for secondhand.

Folds up out of the way for the most part. Wish I had a better space for it but it will work for now.

New workout partner (she wants to know why we both can't just do this outside!).



2 comments:

  1. I'll take her outside with me! I tried to take Mario on a run and ended up holding him on the way home. Love your workout space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll be ready and she is a good body gaurd for protection. Except she's too much of a coward to be threatening. Based on size though, no one will mess with you! I let J take her on his runs. Too hot for me!

    ReplyDelete